Because of safety standard repairs,
the public library “P. Rendella” is now closed.
A former Spanish barracks, then Town Hall and the town theatre finally. Thanks to senator Luigi Russo it is a Public Library dedicated to “Prospero Rendella”, the best-known jurist from Monopoli (1553-1630) whose nickname was “Amico delle Muse” (a friend of the Muses), an extraordinary aristocratic man, symbol of the Renaissance in the southern Italy. The façade stands out onto the venetian Garibaldi Square.